- This event has passed.
Small Business Websites 101
October 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner-level workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure.
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro
This beginner-level webinar is perfect for small business owners who are planning a new website or thinking of redesigning an existing site.
This workshop is a free online webinar for small businesses in Ontario. Participate online for free, using your preferred device (laptop, smartphone or tablet). All you need is a fast internet connection and free webinar software. Download details will be provided after registration.
Webinars will be recorded and available to all registrants.