On Tuesday, July 12th participants in the 2016 Start Wise Program gathered at Glassroots Restaurant to celebrate the completion of the program. Delivered by the London Small Business Centre and Elgin/St. Thomas SBEC, this Ontario Government funded program provided business plan training, skills development and grants to help entrepreneurs launch and grow businesses. At the celebration participants shared their success stories while enjoying the delicious fare served up by Glassroots, London’s new & innovative plant-based restaurant.
Elgin/St. Thomas SBEC clients:
- Anita Waite: Salt and Pepper Meals
- Chuck Magri: Wildflowers Honey
- Kate Elizabeth St. Laurent: Bake Shop Studio
- Marna Berry: Travel Green (absent from photo)
- Mike Dennis: Fox & Hunt Vehicles
- Morgan Brittan van Wyk: ScissorKitty Rock n Roll Hair
- Sarah Foshay: Smart Dental Hygiene
Start Wise is a pilot program in London & St Thomas recently launched by the Ontario government. The program offers grants of up to $5,000 to qualifying entrepreneurs, over the age of 30, to start and grow their businesses. **Applications no longer being accepted**.